Grapefruit is a subtropical citrus tree known for its sour to semi-sweet, somewhat bitter fruit. The grapefruit is a cross between an orange and a pomelo. It contains high level of vitamin C. These fruits support clear, healthy skin, can help to lower our risk for many diseases and conditions, and may even help with weight loss as part of a healthy and varied diet. The juices, peels, and pulps all provide nutritional benefit.
- Helps weight loss
- Help prevent insulin and diabetes
- High in powerful antioxidants
- Very hydrating
- Promotes appetite control
- Good for immune system, as it contains several vitamins and minerals known for their role in preventing infection
- The citric acid in grapefruit may help reduce the formation of calcium oxalate kidney stones